Better management of PCOS with a healthier lifestyle can not only make you feel better … it may also improve your chances of avoiding other major illnesses.
Without adequate management of PCOS, women suffering from the condition have a greater chance of developing several serious disorders, including type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Recent studies have found that:
- Before the age of 40, more than 50% of women with PCOS will develop type 2 diabetes or its precursor, pre-diabetes. The latter is a reversible form of impaired glucose tolerance. If neglected, pre-diabetes can lead to the type 2 variety, which is irreversible in most cases and poses a severely increased risk of blindness, kidney disease and the need for amputation.
- Women with PCOS have a four to seven times higher risk of a heart attack than women of the same age without PCOS.
- Women with PCOS are at greater risk of having heart-damaging high blood pressure.
- Women with PCOS tend to have high levels of LDL “bad” cholesterol and low levels of HDL “good” cholesterol, which can lead to a stroke.
Fortunately, the symptoms of PCOS can be improved and even reversed via a balanced, nutritious diet and regular exercise. Adopting a healthy lifestyle helps to restore hormonal imbalance caused by insulin resistance, which is often a key underlying cause of PCOS.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..