Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, also called PCOS, is a condition that cannot be cured by modern medicine; however, its symptoms can be managed and, in many cases, reversed. Frequently caused by Hormone Imbalance, this condition can present a diverse list of symptoms.
Because women experience a variety of symptoms with this condition, they may opt for different treatment plans. Many of the traditional solutions involve pharmaceuticals or surgical procedures and it is recommended that all side affects of these remedies be investigated and understood before selecting an option. It is also recommended that alternative, all natural options be considered.
Traditional PCOS Solutions 1
- Hormone treatment: This disorder is characterized by hyperandrogenism, or the presence of too many male hormones. Hormone treatment may be able to inhibit the effects of excess testosterone. As a result, it can combat hirsutism (the excess growth of hair), alopecia (male-pattern baldness), amenorrhea (absent menstrual periods), and oligomenorrhea (irregular menstrual periods). Oral contraceptives are a common form of hormone treatment.
- Metformin: This pharmaceutical is a diabetes medication that improves Insulin Resistance and can increase ovulation. Be sure to check into the side affects of this drug before use.
- Clomifene: A fertility drug, Clomifene can balance hormones to improve ovulation and, as a result, enhance fertility. This is a common form of treatment for women who are trying to become pregnant. Be sure to check into the side affects of this drug before use.
- Eflornithine: A cream, this drug slows the effects of hirsutism. Eflornithine prevents hair follicles from growing hair, slowing unwanted hair growth; however, this does not remove hair or completely prevent its growth. Because of this, many women use Eflornithine in conjunction with hair removal techniques. Be sure to check into the side affects of this drug before use.
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling, or LOD: Although minor, this surgical procedure is often a last resort for women who are fighting this condition. LOD is performed by inserting a laparoscope into an incision in the abdomen. The ovaries are then treated with either heat or a laser.
Alternative PCOS Solutions
Because modern medicine is limited in its PCOS treatment options, many women have turned to PCOS alternative treatment, which may include PCOS natural remedies.
- A healthy lifestyle, including weight loss and diet: Women often gain weight and may become obese after the onset of PCOS. While common, it is a very dangerous symptom because it can make a woman more vulnerable to other, more serious conditions, such as heart disease. Losing weight will not only improve overall health, it will reduce the amount of insulin produced by the body and alleviate Insulin Resistance. Similarly, a PCOS-friendly diet that is high in non-starchy vegetables and limits fats, sugars, and carbohydrates will manage insulin production.
- The other thing a women suffering Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) might do is to look into the Insulite Health 5-Element System that is available. In particular, the PCOS System offers hormone-balancing effects that have been scientifically calibrated to reverse the condition. That means there is very much hope here, and, for women who properly educate themselves and take the precautions necessary to thwart the effects of the disease, no reason why PCOS has to be interpreted as a devastating diagnosis.
Learn more about the subject of PCOS treatment and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), visit us on the web at pcos.com.
For more information on taking control of polycystic ovarian syndrome, go to pcos.com. You can also learn more about the natural supplements I took to reverse my PCOS symptoms at PCOS 5-Element System
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Hormone Imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System – the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
Take the PCOS Test and get your PCOS score!