Getting enough of the mineral chromium in your diet is vital for keeping blood sugar levels stable and reducing the risk of developing metabolic syndrome (syndrome x). Those of us with PCOS are already prone to metabolic syndrome, which is a cluster of increased risk factors for heart disease.
Unfortunately, very few people receive anything like enough chromium from their diet because it is removed by food processing methods. And a lack of this crucial mineral can result in the following:
- Elevated blood levels of insulin (Hyperinsulinemia)
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- High triglyceride levels
- High LDL “bad” cholesterol levels
- Low HDL “good” cholesterol levels
- The hormone imbalance called Insulin Resistance
Chromium also been shown to act as a highly effective anti-depressant for people with a condition called atypical depression, which can be brought on by weight gain, cravings for fattening carbohydrates and chronic fatigue.
Romaine lettuce is an excellent source of chromium. So are onions and tomatoes, as well as brewer’s yeast, liver, whole grains and bran cereals.
For much more information about PCOS and metabolic syndrome and how you can better manage or even reverse its symptoms, visit our web sites by clicking on:
www.pcos.insulitelabs.com and www.metabolic-syndrome.insulitelabs.com
If you have PCOS or metabolic syndrome concerns, our web site can show you how to contact our Coaching & Advisory Teams for a free consultation.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..