The reason is simple. It’s convenient, comfortable and safe to make your home the center of your PCOS workout regime.
The surroundings are reassuringly familiar and private … and you’ll save on expensive gym fees while benefiting from all the health advantages of losing PCOS weight and keeping it off.
Exercising at home has other advantages, too. For a start, if you have children, it allows them to see you being active, which sets a good example when obesity among young people is reaching epidemic levels.
If you chose to buy exercise equipment for your home, it’s a one-time expense/investment which offers repeated rewards over the years. That’s because other family members can use it, like you, in short, healthy bouts of activity every day.
Plus you can combine exercise with otherwise sedentary activities, such as watching TV. Why not invest in an inexpensive stationary bicycle and peddle while you watch?
- Keep moving by doing housework yourself instead of hiring someone else to do it
- Throw away your video remote and get up and squat in front of the TV every time you want to change channels
- Stand up and walk about while talking on the telephone
- Gently stretch to reach items in high places
Don’t forget to get out as well, because exercise in fresh air is both stimulating and a great way to avoid monotony setting in.
- Work in the garden and mow the grass. Using a riding mower doesn’t count! Rake leaves, prune plants, dig and pick up trash.
- Go out for a short walk before breakfast or after dinner or both! Start with 5-10 minutes and work up to 30 minutes each time. When walking, pick up the pace from leisurely to brisk. Choose a hilly route whenever possible.
Regular exercise when combined with a balanced, nutritious diet can help reverse an underlying cause of obesity, namely the imbalance of blood glucose and insulin called Insulin Resistance. By reversing Insulin Resistance, you can facilitate weight loss.