Those of us who suffer from PCOS
-linked obesity have nearly five times the risk of being hospitalized for asthma, according to a new study.
Researchers at Kaiser Permanente discovered the increased risk after focusing on 1,113 people aged 35 or older with persistent asthma in Oregon, Washington and Colorado.
The study also found:
- Obese people with asthma had significantly worse quality of life.
- Obese people with asthma had a higher incidence of gastroesophageal reflux disorder.
The study concluded that if you are merely overweight, you should consider the increased risk of severe asthma attacks as sufficient motivation to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The best way is to begin a new regime revolving around a balanced, nutritious diet and regular exercise to lose weight.
The same kind of regime is recommended if you suffer from obesity because weight loss is crucial to improved health. Shed those extra pounds and you’ll be amazed by how much better you feel.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Join our Free Facebook Group. Pose your PCOS questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Check out The All Natural Hormone Solution for PCOS Learn how to reverse your symptoms of hormone imbalance and PCOS for good.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance and PCOS – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution for PCOS – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.