Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Simple Summer Zucchini Boats
Ingredients to serve 4
- 2 Large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 Cups finely chopped kale
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Green apple, diced
- ¼ Cup finely chopped radicchio or red cabbage
- 4 Brazil nuts, chopped
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp. sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Lay each zucchini half on a flat surface. Set aside.
- Massage the kale leaves with the olive oil using your hands until the kale is very soft and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place the kale, apple, radicchio and Brazil nuts on top of the zucchini slices. Drizzle with the orange juice, sprinkle with the orange zest, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
This fresh summer recipe makes a great side dish to any meal. We recommend eating 2 cups of veggies at every meal to keep you feeling and looking healthy. Zucchini is full of vitamins A and C which are powerful antioxidants and are effective anti-inflammatory agents. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!