Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Simple Salmon in Parchment
Why we love this dish:
- Salmon is a complete protein source. It is easily digestible and absorbed by the body.
- Salmon offers Omega 3 fatty-acids, vitamin D and selenium, together they help manage insulin levels.
- Wild caught salmon is always the best choice because it contains less toxins and more of the vitamin and minerals needed to support our bodies. When purchasing “wild caught” salmon look for these species – Alaskan, Sockeye, Coho and Pink. These species are found to contain minimal to no toxins.
- 4 – 4-6 oz. Salmon filets
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 12 Crimini mushrooms – cleaned and quartered
- 8 asparagus stalks – trimmed
- 1 large carrot – peeled and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini – sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 large pieces of parchment paper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Prepare veggies.
- On the right side of the piece of parchment paper place a piece of salmon. Top with 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard. Add 3 mushrooms, 2 asparagus stalks, 1/4 amount of carrots and zucchini. Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold parchment paper over and begin rolling/folding the edges all the way around. Continue with the remains 3.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve this dish with a crisp salad and homemade dressing!
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test