Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Roasted Winter Salad
Why we love this dish:
- Brussel Sprouts are packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins. Brussel sprouts can also help reduce inflammation and aide in your body ability to regulate inflammatory responses.
- Butternut squash is loaded with potassium and fiber and is beneficial for digestion, healthy hair and skin.
- Horseradish is a powerful and potent plant that can aide in weight loss, improve immune defense and stimulate digestion.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets – cleaned and trimmed
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts – cleaned trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup canellinni beans (optional)
- 1 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- protein of your choice – chicken, salmon or shrimp pair perfectly with this dish!
- In a large bowl toss Brussel sprouts, cauliflower and squash with 2 tbsp olive oil and season generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and place the veggies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast about 30 – 40 minutes. (prepare protein now)
- Once cooked remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Rinse and drain beans (if using) and add chopped green onion to roasted veggies.
- Whisk together dressing.
- In a large bowl toss together veggies, beans and dressing.
Serve with prepared protein.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test