Guidelines For Treating Symptoms of PCOS Naturally
Below are the top 8 suggestions for addressing the symptoms of PCOS naturally. We’ve interviewed clients, done plenty of research and used our own experiences with PCOS to develop this list. While the symptoms of PCOS vary from person to person, the natural treatment of PCOS is consistent.
- You must first address Insulin Resistance, a root cause of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Since obesity is usually a key component of PCOS, getting your weight under control is the next step. A low-carb diet has proven to be effective not only in weight loss programs but also in helping to control the production of insulin in the pancreas. But keep in mind that females of normal weight and lean women can also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- Some doctors will prescribe birth control pills to assist in regulating or restoring irregular or absent periods. But there is growing controversy over this method because it is now thought that birth control pills can actually worsen Insulin Resistance. While it is true that introducing female hormones can counteract some of the effects of over-active testosterone production, the short-term benefits of restoring a period might be offset by the long-term effects of worsening the underlying root cause of the condition. Think long and hard before you begin taking birth control pills if you have PCOS.
- Exercise is a necessary component of dealing with the symptoms of PCOS. Exercise increases the sensitivity of your cell membranes to insulin for the vital conversion of glucose to energy. It also boosts metabolism, burns calories, and helps to level out the production of insulin in the pancreas.
- Choose a balanced, healthy diet and avoid foods with a high glycemic index like bread, pasta, rice, refined sugars, potatoes, and corn. Avoid artificial sweeteners that can raise insulin levels. Try adding Flaxseed to your diet.
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco. Even over-the-counter cold and flu medications can contain stimulants, causing spikes in insulin production.
- Your doctor might need to address related issues such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol with medication until they start to come under control naturally with your weight loss.
- Consider adopting the Insulite PCOS System as part of your lifestyle. The Insulite PCOS System includes many of the above recommendations, and more – diet, exercise, targeted nutritional supplements, individualized support, and accessible health information to keep you motivated and informed.
Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS System
…or skip ahead and…
The Insulite PCOS System is not intended to be medical treatment, nor is information on this website intended to be a substitute for the advice or care of a health-care practitioner. The Insulite PCOS System is a combination of nutritional supplementation and lifestyle programs intended to help individuals better manage their health and wellbeing. Consult a health-care practitioner before beginning the Insulite PCOS System. Because of ongoing research, clinical experience, and the rapid accumulation of information relating to the subject matter discussed on this website, the website’s users are advised to carefully review and evaluate the information on this website and continue to expand and broaden their knowledge of new information as it becomes available on this website and elsewhere. The use or application of the information contained on this website is at the sole discretion and risk of the user.
Since June 2008, Insulite Laboratories and Insulite Health has supported more than 2.4 million women through the Insulite PCOS System, through this website, through emails providing information and support, through consultations with our Consulting & Advisory Team, through telephone conference calls, through online webinars, through published articles, and most recently, through social media community building and support efforts. Insulite Laboratories and Insulite Health are singularly dedicated to improving the lives of women with PCOS and conditions resulting from Insulin Resistance.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..