Active Time: 11 m
Total Time: 25 m
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 4 chicken breasts
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee, or butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
How To Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Mince garlic and juice lemon. Dice onion.
- Using a mallet, pound down the chicken breasts into ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle each piece generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth with the lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side each. Remove the partially cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the diced red onion to the skillet along with the chicken broth/lemon/red pepper mixture. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes or until about a third of the sauce remains.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the ghee and whisk until it melts completely. Add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Place the pan in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Meanwhile, chop parsley.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test