Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: California Burgers (DF & GF)
Active Time: 20 m
Total Time: 20 m
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 pound liver, optional
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cultured ketchup
How To Prepare:
- Slice the avocado.
- Add liver to food processor and blend until smooth, if using.
- Place in a large bowl; add the ground beef, salt and spices.
- Using clean hands, combine the ingredients well and form into patties.
- Cook on the grill set to medium high heat or to cook stovetop, heat fat in skillet on high heat. For either method, cook 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side until medium rare, longer if you prefer the burgers well done.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, cultured ketchup and a side of spinach.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test