Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Holiday Roasted Vegetables
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2” pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scatter vegetables on a large sheet pan. Toss with enough olive oil to coat each piece, then toss with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter herbs around the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetable are tender, shaking the pan halfway through.
- Before serving, toss roasted vegetables with pecan and cranberries.
The holidays are here, and this veggie side dish is both festive and delicious! This recipe is the perfect compliment to any main dish because it has both low glycemic carbs and healthy fats. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!