Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Chicken Avocado Soup
Active Time: 45 m
Total Time: 45 m
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 limes
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
How To Prepare:
- Shred the chicken. Mince the green onions (keeping green and white parts separate) and garlic. Deseed and mince the jalapeno (you can leave the seeds in if you want soup to be spicy). Deseed and dice the tomatoes.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add white parts of green onions and jalapeños. Sauté until tender, about 2 minutes, adding garlic during last 30 seconds of sautéing. Add chicken stock, cumin, sea salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Juice the limes.
- Reduce heat to low and add shredded chicken, tomatoes, and lime juice. Adjust the seasoning.
- Peel, core and dice the avocados and chop the cilantro.
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro and greens of green onions. Top with avocados and serve.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test