PCOS can often bring on reversible pre-diabetes or it’s even more serious variety, namely type 2 diabetes, which is irreversible in the vast majority of cases. But standing up to the latter disorder by knowing as much about it as possible is the best way to lead a normal life.
So don’t forget your ABC:
A is for A1c, or hemoglobin A1c test.
- ADA goal is less than 7%.
- AACE goal is 6.5% or less.
B is for Blood pressure
- < 130/80 mmHg for non-pregnant adults.
C is for Cholesterol
- HDL (good) cholesterol = 50 mg/dl (1.3 mmol/l) in women and LDL (bad) cholesterol =100 mg/dl
Be sure to talk to your doctor to determine your individual goals for A1c, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Join our Free Facebook Group. Pose your PCOS questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Check out The All Natural Hormone Solution for PCOS Learn how to reverse your symptoms of hormone imbalance and PCOS for good.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance and PCOS – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution for PCOS – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.