It’s great to connect with you!
I’ve been busy interviewing women with PCOS in our community who have seen some profound changes. I call them our PCOS Stories. You may have received an email yesterday about Angie Rohal and her big surprise – watch here.
One thing I have noticed from the women who are successful in healing from symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance, is that they have stopped looking outside themselves for the answer. Because after years and years of going to this doctor and that doctor, trying this medication and that medication, nothing works…for real.
Another thing I’ve noticed is that from the “outside” healing seems so complicated. After all, terrible things are happening to your body that seem so outside your control. That’s how I felt. But over this past week I was reminded again of how we have all the power to heal ourselves no matter how bad our symptoms may seem.
This past week I have spent a lot of time in the hospital with my father. He had knee replacement surgery a week ago and then had a very minor complication on Saturday that took us to emergency and then another night in a hospital. So I’ve been at the hospital 4 of the last 7 days.
Sitting in the hospital for his knee surgery, and then in the emergency room for an entire day, and then trying to plan his escape from the hospital the next day, gave me a lot of time to think. The only way he could heal was back at home, taking his nutrients, eating nourishing foods and getting good rest.
Do you want to thrive or just survive? If you want to thrive, you have to take charge. If you want to survive, then you can give the control to others. Survival means that you’re alive, but not feeling so great, and you never will until you take the control of your health back!
And this brings me to how simple it is to thrive. It’s not complicated. I did it, Angie did it, Rebekah did it, Laura did it, Kim did it, Robin A. did it, and the list goes on and on. And you can too.
Here are my rules for beginning to take charge:
- Make a list of 10 things that make you really happy – pin it up where you can see it daily
- Do at least one of those things every day
- Get all dolled up for no good reason every day – you’ll just feel so much better
- Eat your first meal within an hour of waking and make it higher in protein and vegetables – here are a couple of ideas – waffles, eggs benedict the PCOS way, and Robin’s powerful shake!
- Eat every 5 hours and try not to eat in-between meals if at all possible.
- Take your hormone-balancing nutrients.
- Get good rest – it’s so important. At least 8 hours per night of sleep – and to bed by 10pm. Sleep away your PCOS symptoms.
Start here. Simple, huh? And it’s really so much more delicious in every way then giving the control and outcome of our health to someone else.
I would love to hear what makes you happy. Can you post here or on our FB page?
In Love & Vibrant Health,
Connect ? Love ? Transform
PS If you would like more information on how to take charge of your health, go to PCOS.com.
Here you can take back control of your health to thrive!!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!