This week the biggest battle around our home is who’s getting to the figs first – me or the birds! We have a beautiful fig tree in our backyard and it’s loaded with figs! Hundreds of figs!
This week we have had about 3 ripen everyday! The kids have snacked on them but they were beginning to pile up!
We made these Cinnamon Salted Figs in the afternoon and then turned the leftovers into this delicious and easy BBQ sauce. Perfect for summer grilling!
Cinnamon Salted Figs
- 6 fresh figs
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Quarter the figs and place in a bowl.
- Add in coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Toss to combine.
- Place figs cut side up in a glass baking dish.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
Let these cool just a bit. Serve them with grilled protein or on top of a salad!
Chili and Fig BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion – chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cinnamon salted figs
- 1 6oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat warm 1 tbsp oil. Add in chopped onion and pinch of salt and cook until fragrant – about 7-8 minutes.
- Next add in mustard and apple cider vinegar and give it a good stir.
- Add in bone broth and tomato paste and stir well to combine.
- Add in chili powder and figs and blend with an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth. Start with 1 cup broth and add to thin out.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Store in an airtight container in your fridge. This sauce also freezes well. Kick it up a notch and increase ancho chili powder to 1 tsp along with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
With summer right around the corner these two recipes are great to have on hand for nights you plan to grill!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..