These birth control pills contain drospirenone and was shown to cause impaired mental agility in women taking it. Birth control pills containing drospirenone may have another disturbing attribute according to a different report.
Researchers at the Universitaire du Sart-Tilman in Belgium compared 32 young women taking birth control pills containing drospirenone and ethinylestradiol (synthetic estrogen) with 30 young women not taking birth control pills.
They found the birth control users had significantly higher levels of lipid peroxides than the women not using the contraceptive. Lipid peroxides are basically rancid fats that cause a chain reaction of cell damage.
And here’s more you need to know about the anti-androgen birth control pills – they can put women at a higher risk for:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Liver function disturbances
- Increased insulin resistance
- Blood clots (2-3 fold increased risk for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism)
- Thyroid disease
- Leaky gut
- Crohn’s disease (300x increased risk with a family history)
- Increased depression
- Impaired mitochondrial function (energy)
- Increases inflammation
- Increases fibrinogen (a blood clotting factor)
- Lowers testosterone (increased crying)
- Immune system chaos
- Hormone imbalance