Dear Christina: This is an important question because an overwhelmed mind does nothing, and I can see that you could easily be overwhelmed with all that you have going on.
You stated that you are a new mom of a 12-week old, and you have three other small children ages 3, 5 and 6 years old, one of which has special needs.
Since your recent baby was born you’ve gained 30 pounds, up five pounds from your highest pregnancy weight, and you suffer from breakouts, extreme irritability and mood fluctuations, extreme fatigue, poor sleep, obsessive thoughts, lower back pain, poor stress tolerance, brain fog, elevated fasting blood sugar, and postpartum depression.
You have so much going on in your life Christina. The laundry alone is a full time job. Here are some suggestions for prioritizing where to begin:
- Hire help for laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking and childcare until you get the rest you need, or on a regular basis if you can.
- Get professional help from a functional healthcare practitioner. Start by registering for The Secret to Happy Hormones MasterClass here to figure out next steps.
- Sleep is most important right now. It will help with weight, moods, sleep, stress resilience, pain, and blood sugar. I know it’s hard because your mind is racing and you may not be able to find the time, but there is no replacement for sleep. Get it whenever you can.
- Until you get professional support, take 300mg of ashwagandha two times daily since you already have it as it helps to quiet the mind and improve stress resilience. Once you’re finished, begin the 5-Element System.
- Get your thyroid tested. Ask your doctor to run TSH, Free T3, Free T4, reverse T3, thyroid peroxidase and anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.
Your weight gain can be due to so many factors so working with a professional will help you to figure this out.
Give yourself so much grace and love right now Christina. I hope to see you in the MasterClass. ~ Robin
Join our Facebook Group right now to get the support you need to get back into hormone balance! >> Click here to join