Are you one of the millions of women who’ve been diagnosed with PCOS or high blood sugar? Do you struggle every day with symptoms like excessive weight, mood swings, infertility, facial hair or acne? When you’re dealing with such terrible symptoms, finding a solution becomes your top priority.
Hi, I’m Robin Nielsen, the Chief Wellness Officer here at Insulite Health. I’m so glad you’re here. I’ve personally experienced symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, and I know the difficult challenges you face. Perhaps you’re wondering if prescription drugs might be that solution. In fact your doctor may suggest the drug Metformin, also known as Glucophage. What is Metformin, and is it right for you?
Metformin is a drug originally used to treat high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. It’s sometimes prescribed to women with PCOS because both diabetes and PCOS share an underlying cause.
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas to help get sugar into our cells to burn for fuel. I call insulin the key that unlocks the cell. Insulin resistance occurs when your body’s cells resist the effects of insulin, causing you to produce even more insulin and actually store the sugar in the blood as fat, here around your middle. Too much insulin leads to an imbalance of hormones, especially sex hormones. Metformin can improve your body’s response to insulin at the cellular level, so your body produces less insulin, which can stabilize your hormonal levels and lower blood sugar.
Women who take Metformin for PCOS may see improvements in some of their symptoms, such as hirsutism, irregular menstrual cycles, and weight gain, but not without a price. Metformin’s use is associated with many side effects, some potentially serious or even life-threatening. Digestive disturbances such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and bloating can be unpleasant side effects. And Metformin interferes with vitamin B12 absorption in up to 30% of users, and can lead to anemia. Atherosclerosis which is the result of plaquing in the blood vessels, is another known side effect of Metformin.
And as Dr. Tami Meraglia, our Medical Director says, you don’t die imminently from high blood sugar. It isn’t good for you but you do have time to make the necessary changes needed to get your high blood sugar down, and in a healthy way. Because after all, medication like Metformin is just a short-term band aid.
Here’s why. Medical research shows that the right diet and hormone-balancing exercise are just as effective in lowering blood sugar, improving insulin sensitivity and balancing hormones. So you actually have all the power to heal yourself, without the use of Metformin. And there are no bad side effects – only good ones! The only way to truly reverse your the symptoms of PCOS is to reduce the high insulin levels that are causing them. And you can do it!
Information + Volition + Action = Results
So what’s your motivation for making change to help you feel better? Here are some next steps for you.
• Take the PCOS Assessment or Quiz here on our website to see if you may have PCOS.
• Next learn about the 5 elements to lower blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity. They are:
- The right nutrients to help our cells get more insulin sensitive.
- Learn how to use food as medicine to lower blood sugar.
- Learn how to use movement as medicine to lower blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Understanding cravings and how to manage them better. And
- Having a support community to help you stay on track….This is called the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s proven to help you get your blood sugar balanced, in a step-by-step approach.
• Take small steps over time to reach your health goals. We call this the 5% Solution
We’ve done all the research for you. Thousands of women over the years have successfully used, and are still using, the PCOS 5-Element System. You can learn more about this System here on our website at pcos.com. Come join our beautiful community. We’re here to support you every step of the way.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS? Click here to take the PCOS Test and find out!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..