The team of Dr. Nancy Dunne and Bill Slater cover a new study that further links women with PCOS to Fibrocystic breast disease in their February 18th newsletter, PCOS Review. Learn yet another good reason to include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet. – Catherine, Editor PCOS Support Blog.
Did you know that women with PCOS are more than three times as likely to develop fibrocystic breast disease, according to a new study?
Fibrocystic breast disease is a condition where both breasts become tender or painful, and lumpy. The roundish lumps can be soft or firm, move freely within the breast tissue and are tender to the touch.
Fibrocystic breast disease has been linked to excess estrogen and prolactin. Women with PCOS also often tend to have elevated estrogen and prolactin.
Standard treatment is pain relievers or possibly birth control pills. But there’s more that you can do.
1) Consume more omega-3 fats, which are found mainly in fish or fish oil. A new medical study from Oregon Health and Science University has shown that women who consume the most omega-3 fats were 67% less likely to have fibrocystic br.easts and 49% less likely to have breast cancer.
Read the full article here:
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.