Major weight problems are often caused by PCOS and women who are obese run nearly five times the risk of being hospitalized for asthma, according to a new study.
Researchers at Kaiser Permanente discovered the increased risk after focusing on 1,113 people aged 35 or older with persistent asthma in Oregon, Washington and Colorado. The study also found:
- Obese people with asthma had significantly worse asthma control and lower asthma-related quality of life.
- Obese people with asthma had a higher incidence of gastroesophageal reflux disorder.
The study concluded that if you are merely overweight, you should consider the increased risk of severe asthma attacks to be another good reason for getting your weight down to a healthy level.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the 15-Day Hormone Reset. 15 Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..