Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Zucchini Cheese (Dairy Free, Nut Free)
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 cup (about 7 ounces) zucchini, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons gelatin (Hayley says you could use ¾ teaspoon agar powder to make this vegan, but I haven’t tried it)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- ? teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini and water in a pan and bring to simmer. Steam with lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard water.
- Transfer zucchini to a blender and add coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend on highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add gelatin, optional nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Poor mixture into prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set.
- Remove and cut into desired sizes.
This cheese is perfect for anyone who is gluten and dairy free! Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!