Why we love this dish:
- Zucchinis are pack with nutrients like zinc, vitamin c and folate.
- Cashews are packed with protein as well as minerals like zinc, calcium and magnesium.
- Basil is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial as well as an adaptogen, which helps us respond to stress.
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (we were lucky to have a jar my brother canned earlier in the summer. If buying jarred sauce look for one that doesn’t have any added sugar)
- 4-6 zucchini
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Soak 1 cup raw cashews in water for a few hours. Drain water and place cashews in a food process or blender. Add almond milk, garlic, 4-6 basil leaves and salt and pepper. Blend until it becomes a ricotta cheese type consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides and few times.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Slice zucchini length wise – about 1/4 inch think. Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let rest about 20 minutes. (This helps remove some of the water and will make your lasagna less soggy). Rinse zucchini and dry with a paper towel.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a baking dish – I used 9×11.
- Layer zucchini on the bottom. Top with half of the “cheese” mixture and then sauce. Add another layer of zucchini and repeat with the remainder of “cheese” and more sauce.
- Add the final layer of zucchini and top with sauce. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped basil.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake another 25 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test