Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Spicy Garlic Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- finely ground sea salt (to taste)
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place chickpeas in a paper-towel-lined strainer. Allow to air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with ½ tsp sea salt.
- Place in oven, cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until golden brown. (Some of the chickpeas may start popping. This is a good sign that they’re properly crisping.)
- Remove from oven.
- Stir together remaining sea salt, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne.
- Toss hot chickpeas in spice mixture. Salt to taste, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy immediately for best results.
This recipe would be a perfect substitute for popcorn on movie night or as an appetizer on a holiday! Chickpeas are full of fiber and are so great for gut health. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!