Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Sirloin and Summer-Vegetable Kebabs with Chimichurri – *From MarthaStewart.Com
Ingredients to serve 4
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt *Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- Marinate beef sirloin tips in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, Tamari sauce, and freshly ground pepper in a shallow dish for 30 minutes. Soak 4 wooden skewers in water. Meanwhile, slice zucchini and summer squash into 1/2-inch rounds. Cut onion into wedges and red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with vegetables. Grill for 7 to 8 minutes per side. Whisk together parsley, fresh oregano, garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and coarse salt. Drizzle sauce over kebabs.
All of the veggies in this recipe are what we call slow, low carbs and won’t impact your blood sugar. Onions and garlic can help you fight infection. They also have a chemical compound that can help fight cancer. Summer squash is high in beta carotene and lutein which protect against the onset of cataracts and macular degeneration. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!