Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Salmon Chowder (Paleo)
Active Time: 35 m
Total Time: 1 h 0 m
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 1/2 pounds white sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 pints salmon stock, or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- ground black pepper, to taste
How To Prepare
- Cut bacon into strips. Chop onion and celery. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Remove bones and skin from salmon and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Melt the coconut in a heavy-bottomed soup pot set over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry, stirring and turning often, until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onion and celery and saute until soft, about another 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, salmon broth, and coarse sea slat. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, add the chunks of salmon. Cook gently until the salmon is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the dill and black pepper. Serve hot.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test