Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Robin’s Split Pea Soup
This special recipe is so full of flavor and has a lot of minerals for detox support. It’s one of my favorite wintertime recipes.
- 1 box Imagine chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 ham shank*
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 handfuls of spinach or kale
- 1 cup diced uncured ham*
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put this first 9 ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil on the stove top.
- Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Remove ham shank, cool and debone, cutting the meat into chunks.
- While the ham shank is cooling, add the spinach or kale and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- In small batches, put into a blender and blend on low to puree.
- Put back into pot and add ham, both from the ham shank and the extra ham. Salt and pepper to taste.
*If you are vegan, eliminate the ham and pour over a 1/3 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.