Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Robin’s Split Pea Soup
This special recipe is so full of flavor and has a lot of minerals for detox support. It’s one of my favorite wintertime recipes.
- 1 box Imagine chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 ham shank*
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 handfuls of spinach or kale
- 1 cup diced uncured ham*
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put this first 9 ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil on the stove top.
- Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Remove ham shank, cool and debone, cutting the meat into chunks.
- While the ham shank is cooling, add the spinach or kale and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- In small batches, put into a blender and blend on low to puree.
- Put back into pot and add ham, both from the ham shank and the extra ham. Salt and pepper to taste.
*If you are vegan, eliminate the ham and pour over a 1/3 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test