Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is Robin’s Bean Soup a vegan option. Be sure to make your food yummy and delicious so it nourishes you inside and out.
- 1 cup beans (i.e. lentils, white or black navy beans, mung beans, kidney beans, etc.)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbls freshly chopped ginger
- 1 tbls. Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups water or organic vegetable broth, or a mixture of the two
- Seaweed: Arame, Hijiki, and/or Wakame, crumbled
- 1/2 c. brown rice or wild rice
- 1 tbls. Tamari (wheat free)
- 1 tbls. Cumin
- 2 tbls. Tumeric
- 1 tbls. Gomasio (or sea salt)
- 2 carrots chopped in rounds and then quartered
- 2-3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper chopped
- Chard or any other vegetable you might enjoy in soup
- Finely Chopped Parsley and/or fresh sprouts as Topping
- Soak beans overnight covered in water in refrigerator.
- Drain and rinse.
- Put oil in large pot and lightly sauté onions and garlic for two minutes on medium heat.
- Add beans and other ingredients except for vegetables.
- Bring to boil and immediately turn down heat to low (simmer).
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Add vegetables.
- Cook for another 15 minutes and serve topped with chopped parsley/sprouts.
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test