Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
Ingredients to Serve 4
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 t turmeric
- ½ t cumin
- ½ t crushed red pepper
- ½ t crushed garlic
- 2 T water
- 2 T fresh basil (chopped)
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Chop the head of cauliflower into florets.
- Whisk together coconut oil, turmeric, cumin, crushed red pepper, garlic, and water.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a pan, pour the mixture over them, and toss well.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes, and top with fresh basil.
This recipe will liven up any meal! Turmeric is a superfood that has so many health benefits, including improved ability to digest fats, reducing gas and bloating, decreased congestion, and acne. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!