Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Paleo Italian Meatballs
Why we love this dish:
- Turkey and grass fed beef are excellent sources of complete protein.
- Tomatoes contain a high amount of lycopene, a potent antioxidant that aides in reducing cancer-causing free radicals.
- Fresh basil is a powerful herb. It contains antioxidants, acts as an anti-inflammatory and contains antimicrobial properties to help fight viruses and infections.
- 1 lb. ground grass fed beef
- 1 lb. ground organic turkey
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup found almond meal (any ground nut will work as well)
- 2 jars no sugar added pasta sauce
- zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat warm olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine, ground beef and turkey, egg, almond meal, basil, salt and pepper and onion mixture (once cooled).
- Using hands mix to combine. Roll mixture into 32-1 oz meatballs or 16-2 oz meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place meatballs evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 Minutes.
- In a large pot add sauce and begin to simmer over low heat. Add meatballs to sauce and continue cooking an additional 20 minutes. Slow cooker option – you can place sauce and meatballs (after baking) into a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve this dish with zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash and a crisp salad and homemade dressing!
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test