Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Hummus Collard Wraps
Ingredients to Serves 2
- 2 collard leaves
- ½ cup basil pesto hummus
- 10 asparagus spears, roasted or raw
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced into short thin strips
- ½ cup radish, sliced into short thin strips
- ½ cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ avocado
- micro greens, sprouts or baby greens
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- Wash and dry collard leaves and then use a paring knife to shave down the stems. This will make them much easier to fold.
- Place collard leaves on a flat surface, spread ¼ cup of hummus near the top/middle of each leaf, fill each leaf with the remaining veggies, splitting each amount between the two wraps. Wrap the leaves as you would a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and enjoy.
This delicious vegan recipe makes a great lunch because it is full of protein, veggies, and healthy fats. Collard greens are a great alternative to a wheat wrap because they are gluten free and a whole food! Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!