Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Halibut with Mango Ginger Chutney
Active Time: 15 m
Total Time: 25 m
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, (8 ounces per person)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Chutney:
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 2 mangoes, firm but ripe
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, or sucanat
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
How To Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Butter a shallow baking dish. Juice lemon.
- Place fish in baking dish and top with lemon juice, fish sauce and paprika.
- Cover dish with foil (not touching fish), and bake for 15 minutes or until light and flaky while you prepare the sauce.
For the Chutney:
- Peel and mince the red onion, garlic and ginger. Peel and cube the mangoes. Chop the tomatoes. Juice the lime and orange.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, add coconut oil and onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mango, tomato, ginger and garlic and cook until heated through. Stir in lime juice, orange juice, white wine, coconut sugar and vinegar. Bring to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Spoon over fish and serve.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
+If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.