Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Grilled Zucchini Ribbon and Kale Salad
Ingredients to serve 1
- 2 cups kale (leaves torn from the stems and chopped)
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cashew halves, lightly toasted
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into thin ribbons.
- Heat on an indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Arrange the zucchini ribbons on the grates and grill until slightly charred, about a minute. You won’t need to flip them since they’re so thin. Just remove them from the grill and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the kale, zucchini ribbons and dressing.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with toasted cashews.
This simple salad works as a great side dish, or just add a protein and it becomes a complete meal. Kale is a must have in any diet. It is full of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!