Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Grilled Shrimp With Garlic & Herbs
*From Food.Com, By Rita
Ingredients to serve 4
- 2 lbs extra large wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1?2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible. Also, make sure that the shrimp is wild caught and not farm raised.
- Mix all ingredients in a bag and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes turning to char all sides.
This shrimp recipe is a perfect appetizer or side dish for the Fourth of July. Shrimp have many health benefits such as improved bone and brain health, weight management, and a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease. It can also lower inflammation and prevent cancer. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!