Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Garlic Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.For added flavor, toast in a dry saucepan until lightly browned.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Quinoa is a fantastic super food because it is full of essential vitamins and is a complete source of protein. Mushrooms are a great vegetable to add to your daily diet because they can boost your immune system and can absorb vitamin D when placed in sunlight! Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..