Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Detox Vegetable Soup
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups of kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in green beans and cook for another minute.
- Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over med-low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add in kale and cook for 5 more minutes (it will wilt).
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
This is a great time of year for soups, and this one is fantastic for detoxing after the holidays. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!
Take The PCOS Quiz!