Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
Ingredients to Serve 4
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ? tsp black pepper
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible. Note: if you aren’t keen on cilantro, fresh dill is a good substitute.
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and ? tsp black pepper.
This recipe is the fantastic summer side salad to accompany a healthy protein. The cucumber and tomato are healthy low glycemic carbs, and the avocado gives you a serving of a healthy fat. Eat a healthy carb, protein, and healthy fat at every meal for hormonal balance. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!