Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Cranberry Orange Upside Down Cake
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon organic butter or coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- unbleached parchment paper
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted organic butter or coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 9-inch cake pan onto a sheet of parchment paper and draw a line around the bottom with a pencil. Cut out the circle and place it onto the bottom of the cake pan. Grease the sides of the pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter or coconut oil, maple syrup, and arrowroot powder. Spread it onto the parchment paper in the cake pan (I use an offset spatula to do this). Arrange the cranberries on top of the butter-syrup mixture.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and quickly whisk together until combined. Pour batter over fruit and spread evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes then carefully flip out onto a plate; peel off parchment paper. Let cool and then serve. Enjoy!
This cake is made with whole, real foods and is perfect for the holidays! Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..