Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Butterflied Roast Chicken
Why we love this dish:
- Chicken is one of the best non-vegetarian protein source.
- It offers all the essential amino acids needed for the building of strong muscles.
- Chicken is not only a great protein source it also offers many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, A & D.
- 1 whole free range organic chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 large carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen sheers remove the back bone of the chicken.
- Place chicken skin side up on baking sheet and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine cooking fat and chopped rosemary. Drizzle 2 tbsp of mixture over the chicken.
- Quarter the lemons and onion and peel and chop carrots into large chunks. Place around the chicken.
- Drizzle the remaining cooking fat over the vegetables. Season the entire tray generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until 165 degrees is reached on a food thermometer.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and veggies.
Serve this dish with a crisp salad and homemade dressing!
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test