Hirsutism is the excessive growth of hair in unusual places on a woman’s body, including the face and chest. A symptom of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, which is often sparked by Insulin Resistance, the growth of extra hair is due to a variety of factors. A woman’s hormones, genetics, and even lifestyle choices can all contribute to this condition.
No matter what causes it, women often want to remove extra hair. Unlike cystic ovaries, another PCOS symptom, hirsutism is a very visible and oftentimes embarrassing issue.
PCOS Hirsutism: A Woman’s Options
The hair removal industry has made great strides in the last few decades, creating hair removal tactics that are convenient and, in some cases, pain free. Here are some of the most common options for women who would like to remove unwanted hair: 1
- Depilation and Epilation: Temporary solutions, depilation and epilation often become regular parts of a skincare routine for women who suffer from unwanted hair. Depilation removes the hair that is above the skin’s surface and includes shaving and hair removal creams. Epilation removes the entire strand of hair, from the follicle on up. Tweezing, waxing, friction, threading, and rotary epilators are common forms of epilation. Depilation is often pain free, unless a woman cuts herself while shaving. Epilation, on the other hand, can be painful.
- Electrolysis: This method completely destroys the hair follicles beneath the skin. Although it can be very effective, the risk of infection and scarring are high if the technician performs this technique improperly. Additionally, it can be very painful and expensive.
- Laser Treatment: Akin to electrolysis but built on newer technology, laser treatment is a popular choice among today’s women; however, it works best on light-skinned women who have dark hair and the long-term effects of laser treatment are unknown.
- Pharmaceuticals: Often prescribed alongside oral contraceptives, medicinal options may be recommended by healthcare professionals. These drugs may have adverse side effects, including complications of the liver, and may take up to six months to work.
Choosing the Best Method
To get rid of facial hair, women are often willing to try a combination of these hair removal tactics. Hirsutism can be a highly embarrassing and emotionally painful symptom of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, one that women will go to great lengths to reverse. Each of these methods have their strengths and weaknesses and choosing the right one is largely up to personal preference.
The other thing a women suffering Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) might do is to look into the Insulite Health supplements that are available. In particular, the PCOS System offers hormone-balancing effects that have been scientifically calibrated to reverse the condition. That means there is hope for women who properly educate themselves and take the precautions necessary to thwart the effects of the disease, and no reason why PCOS has to be interpreted as a devastating diagnosis.
Learn more about the subject of hirsutism and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS); visit us on the web at pcos.com/hair-related-symptoms.
For more information on taking control of polycystic ovarian syndrome, go to pcos.com. You can also learn more about the natural supplements I took to reverse my PCOS symptoms at PCOS 5-Element System.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, obesity and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System – the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS? Click the link to take the PCOS Test and get your PCOS score!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..