The right fat is good for PCOS – in fact it’s essential. But what’s even more important is doing an oil change – replacing unhealthy fats with healthy fats.
These good fats include saturated (you heard me right), mono and polyunsaturated fats, and omega 3 fats. It’s very important to make sure you’re getting enough omega 3 fats from cold water fish like salmon and sardines, and less omega 6 fats like sunflower, safflower and corn oil (don’t eat these!)
The best way to modify your fat intake is as follows:
- Use real butter – 100% grass fed (pastured) and organic or ghee – clarified butter.
- Choose meats from 100% grass fed animals – the fat is anti-inflammatory.
- Choose wild caught fish, not farmed raised (at least 2 servings per week).
- Use coconut oil or coconut milk as these contain medium chain triglyceride fats that help to kick-start our metabolism.
- Eliminate your intake of trans-fats from processed food.
- Eat avocados! This is a monounsaturated fat that is super healthy with tons of fiber and satiating goodness. Truly a super-food.
- Just say no to “fake” butters and oils like “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” – what is that?? (And no to canola oil, vegetable oil, Crisco, etc.)
- Go easy on olive oil but rather eat olives instead.
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.