Women that are diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) are at risk of developing a variety of symptoms, some of which are more dangerous than others. One of the most devastating symptoms is a high risk for heart disease, which is due to the high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol that many women with this condition develop.
High blood pressure is a common problem, especially in the United States, where heart disease is the number one killer. But when it stems from a condition like PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) it can be even more dangerous, as it is able to interact with other symptoms to increase the likelihood of coronary heart disease. Blood pressure is affected by a number of factors, one of them being the diameter of the arteries through which blood is pumped. Excess insulin can cause high cholesterol, another common symptom of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) that leads to atherosclerosis or the buildup of plaque on the walls of the arteries. This narrows the diameter through which the blood travels through the body, increasing the pressure that is exerted on the cardiovascular system.
It is clear why keeping blood pressure under control is so important, especially for women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
Though there are many different medications that can help decrease blood pressure, women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) may also have Insulin Resistance, a condition that actually causes their symptoms. Because the resistance of insulin leaves an excessive amount of insulin in the bloodstream (cells are not able to use it, so it floats freely instead of being absorbed and turning glucose into energy), this can also increase cholesterol and, in turn, blood pressure. Fortunately for women with this condition, Insulin Resistance is treatable and even reversible, if treatment systems are adhered to correctly.
The treatment of Insulin Resistance is straightforward, but it does demand a great deal of will power and dedication from the women that follow it. To decrease blood pressure and reverse these health conditions, women are urged to do the following:
- Exercise daily. Be it an hour long workout at the gym or a walk around the block, getting in extra exercise will help alleviate the symptoms of Insulin Resistance and other conditions that accompany it. Be sure to keep individual physical limitations in mind when working out, but at the same time push the limits and enhance overall health.
- Eat a more balanced diet. Insulin being at the core of the problem, it makes sense to try to decrease the amount of insulin in the body. This being said, a healthy, balanced diet that avoids foods that are high in glycemic index and sweeteners will work best. Sticking to this kind of diet may be difficult at first, but as the body adjusts the benefits will be well worth the effort.
- Take nutraceuticals. Nutraceuticals are vitamins, minerals, and herbs that have been specially formulated into combinations that target specific health issues. With the right nutraceuticals, the body can get the “good stuff” it needs to regain its balance and heal.
High blood pressure and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) can be a dangerous combination, but with the right treatment and a lot of dedication, these conditions can be overcome!
To learn more about the subject of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and high blood pressure, visit us on the web at www.pcos.com.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of excess weight gain and obesity, plus Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the cluster of increased risk factors for cardiovascular damage called Metabolic Syndrome (Syndrome X) as well as PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
Recognizing that there are millions of people who need help, Insulite Labs has designed what is considered the most effective systematic approach to reversing Insulin Resistance and these associated disorders. Insulite Health is recognized worldwide for developing systems to address the underlying causes of Metabolic Syndrome, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), excess weight/obesity, pre-diabetes, and Type 2 Diabetes.
For more information about Insulin Resistance and research links to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), PubMed Health, GenBank and more visit us at www.pcos.com.
Could the symptoms you are suffering with be PCOS? Click the headline below to take the PCOS Test and find out!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..