Dear Robin: “From what my symptoms are I believe I have the PCOS. Can having a complete hysterectomy help the situation? If not what would be the best treatment for it?” ~ Cheryl
Dear Cheryl: I’d like to understand more about your symptoms. What symptoms are you experiencing? If you are learning more about how a hysterectomy might support you, I am guessing that you’re experiencing challenges with your uterus, i.e. heavy bleeding, fibroids, painful periods, etc.?
Removing body parts rarely solves any problems because you’re not addressing why your symptoms are happening in the first place. Your uterus is not causing the problem – that’s just where it’s showing up.
It’s like removing your ovaries because they’re developing cysts (follicles that never burst and release and egg).
Cysts on ovaries are there not because there’s something wrong with the ovaries but because they are not reabsorbing due to androgen excess, potentially caused by insulin resistance and too much inflammation.
Does this make sense?
You can learn more about menstrual challenges here along with some of the underlying causes – I call them “hormone deal-breakers”.
Your uterus is pretty amazing. The word “uterus” is latin for “womb” and it has many different functions:
1. The uterus is where a fertilized egg (ovum) develops into a fetus and then a baby. So it’s essential for reproduction.
2. “The uterus provides structural integrity and support to the bladder, bowel, pelvic bones and organs as well. It separates the bladder and the bowels.” According to Dr. Ananya Mandal
3. The uterus contains networks of blood vessels and nerves that direct the blood flow to the pelvis, ovaries, vagina, labia, and clitoris for sexual response.
4. Uterine orgasm can only occur if you have a uterus, and even with clitoral orgasm the uterus contracts in response.
As you can see, the uterus is so important for your health and well-being. In the extreme case your doctor suggests removal, it is prudent to get several expert opinions, especially from functional doctors specializing in female health.
Do your research and be your own Nancy Drew – solve the puzzle! We’re so blessed nowadays to have information right at our fingertips. The craziest of symptoms can completely heal in a very short period of time with the right nutrients and lifestyle modifications, including diet. I’ve seen it happen thousands of times. Symptoms that you would never imagine were related to diet, or how you’re sleeping at night, for example, can be completely healed when you change things up a bit.
Go here to our website and search in the upper right hand corner to find more information about what you’re struggling with. There are even articles on hysterectomy in our database.
There is so much you can do to heal your symptoms. You’ve got this Cheryl. ~ Robin
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..