- Polycystic Ovarian Disease is common. In fact, the University of California at San Diego reports that it is the most common of all women’s hormonal disorder. Anywhere from five to ten percent of all women of childbearing age are affected by this condition! You might know the disease by its other, more common name, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease can have serious effects on your fertility. In fact, the UCSD indicates that one of the telltale signs of the disease is an irregular or absent menstrual period, and that some of the effects can include anovulation and infertility. Indeed, POD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is one of the most common causes of infertility, and even women who conceive often experience difficult or problematic pregnancies. The disease increases the odds of miscarriage significantly—by as much as 300%, in fact.
- There are other health effects, as well. One of the things that makes POD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) so tricky is that it manifests in many different forms, which means that it can be difficult to spot and to diagnose. Some of the associated effects of the condition include abnormal hair growth, skin problems, and obesity, according to the Mayo Clinic. There has been speculation that the disease can also increase the risk of cancer and of liver disease, and it has also been linked to depression and other emotional diseases.
- The root cause of the disease is in Insulin Resistance. Insulin Resistance refers to the body’s inability to properly use glucose, meaning that this is truly a hormonal imbalance. That imbalance can cause an excessive production of testosterone, which is what causes so much of the trouble.
- The good news is that the condition is treatable! While infertility and miscarriage are despairing words that no woman or couple ever wants to hear, the happy report from doctors is that this ovarian condition can be not only treated, but actually reversed. Because its roots are in an insulin imbalance, diet and exercise go a long way toward curbing its effects. In addition, Insulite Health has created a 5-element system that has been shown to reverse the effects of the disease. Insulite Health also makes available a wide variety of educational materials related to the condition.
To learn more about the subject of What Causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Polycystic Ovarian Disease (POD), visit us on the web at www.pcos.com.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of infertility. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, obesity heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System – the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS? Click the link below to take the PCOS Quiz and get your PCOS score!