Here are some simple tips to avoid weight gain over Thanksgiving:
- Avoid hunger: we often eat faster and more when we are hungry – therefore consume a wholesome breakfast and lunch on Thanksgiving day to avoid overeating at the main event.
- Thanksgiving dinner is not an all-you-can-eat buffet: fill your plate half with vegetables, one quarter with lean, skinless meat and the rest with a starch of your choice. Eat slowly and stop when you are full.
- Side Dishes – watch your portion size: go for smaller portions. That way you can sample all the different delicious foods.
- Make a conscious choice to limit high fat items: for instance, green bean casseroles are often prepared with cream of mushroom soup, cheese and milk and topped with fried onions, while candied yams are loaded with cream, sugar and marshmallows. If you cannot control the ingredients that go in to a dish, simply limit yourself to a smaller helping size.
- Drink plenty of water: alcohol and coffee can dehydrate your body. Drink water, which is calorie-free, to help fill up your stomach and control your appetite while keeping you hydrated.
To learn much more about PCOS and how to better manage and even reverse these conditions, visit our web site by clicking on:
If you have concerns about polycystic ovarian syndrome, just click “Contact Us” on our web site for a free health consultation with our Coaching & Advisory Teams. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..