As we’ve been reporting, the information in Nutrition Facts on food labels is important for improved weight control leading to better management of PCOS.
But it can be confusing with so much info on offer these days and it helps if you understand the context of the facts and figures.
Today we look at Saturated Fats and Trans Fats under the Total Fat heading. These two examples are often known as “bad fats” because they raise the risk of PCOS-linked heart disease via cholesterol.
Saturated fats derive from animal products, while most trans fats come from partially hydrogenated fats such as shortening and stick maragarine.
The American Heart Associaiton recommends:
- Limiting total fat intake to less than 35% of your total calories each day and preferably less than 25%.
- Limiting saturated fats to less than 7% and trans fat to less than 1%.
- Receiving remaining fat from sources of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as nuts. fish and vegetable oils.
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.