Breakfast is usually the most skipped meal of the day, but do you know that it’s THE most important meal for managing PCOS?
Why is that? Because when you eat breakfast you are literally breaking a fast. In the morning your body is waking up and when you eat, the food signals your hormones to begin the day.
Shakes are a great breakfast for many reasons:
- They are quick and easy and most people skip breakfast because they don’t have time
- If you have to eat on the run, you’ll be able to digest them better than a regular meal
- They taste yummy and usually satisfy the pickiest people
- Breakfast sets your hormone balance for the day – if you skip a healthy breakfast your hormones will be out-of-balance for the rest of the day
- Science shows that a higher protein breakfast just makes you smarter!
- The right shake = healthier insulin balance
Here are some quick rules when making a shake
- Always add healthy protein, fat, carbohydrates and fiber
- Use coconut milk, almond milk and/or water for your base
- Add vegetables whenever possible (the more the better)
- Focus on low sugar carbs like berries and vegetables
- Use ground flax and chia seed for nice fat and fiber
Choose a healthy protein powder: read ingredients and choose one with Pea Protein or Rice-based protein and no artificial ingredients – be sure it’s non-GMO and organic.
Here are a few of my favorites (click on the links below):
- PowerPaleo Vanilla Protein
- Vegan Vanilla Organic Protein
Follow the rules above and you’re on your way to an amazing start to your day!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.