I used a 100% grass fed and finished beef chuck roast. I threw all the ingredients into the slow cooker early in the morning. We served it as a salad and tacos for the kids. Throughout the week we warmed it for lunches.
The flavor is truly amazing! And it doesn’t require anything special to make – you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry!!
- 3-4 lbs. grass fed chuck roast – fat trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 large white onion – chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 1/4 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- Optional – 1 can diced green chili’s
- Trim and cube beef chuck roast. Add into slow cooker. Season with salt.
- Add in onion and bay leaves.
- In a small bowl mix together tomato paste, water, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, cumin, chili powder, oregano and paprika. Pour over meat.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 8-12 hours.
- Shred in pot with two forks. Enjoy!
This recipe is mild but extremely flavorful! For more spice add in 1 can diced green chili’s! We topped our bowls with beets, cilantro and avocados!