Did you download the Mocktail Guide yet? It is a must for every celebration! The drinks are so delicious and are a great alternative to alcoholic beverages that only make symptoms of PCOS so much worse.
I guarantee you that you’ll even convert some alcohol drinkers over to the mocktails once they’ve seen yours. They not only taste incredible but they’re beautiful too. Let’s talk about how alcoholimpacts our bodies… to begin, studies show that women with PCOS are already more prone to fatty liver disease so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to add alcoholic fuel to the fire. Here are some other downers about alcohol:
• Most cocktails are very high in sugar, and women with PCOS are already insulin resistant, causing a spike in blood sugar and more fat storage
• Alcohol stimulates the appetite and reduces inhibitions causing us to make poor choices and overeat
• It keeps the liver busy – the liver is going to metabolize the worst toxin first…and it perceives alcohol to be very dangerous. So it will work to metabolize alcohol before it works on processing hormones, making the active form of thyroid hormone, etc. So it could suppress thyroid function.
• Alcohol can change the way a woman’s body metabolizes estrogen. This can cause blood estrogen levels to rise. And women with PCOS already have an imbalanced estrogen to progesterone ratio, further compromising hormonal balance.
• Alcohol can also damage the lining of the intestines, causing poor nutrient absorption, and a disruption in the balance of the microflora impacting digestion and immune function.
• If you take Metformin, alcohol can significantly increase the gastrointestinal distress that Metformin already causes.
• Alcohol is dehydrating for your body both inside and out.
• And last, but my no means, least, it messes with our sleep.Alcohol, although initially sedating and relaxing, will increase stress hormones during the night, causing a poor night’s sleep at best.
So are you ready to grab that Mocktail Guide? Your to-do this week, is to challenge yourself to avoid alcohol at least one day this week. If you don’t normally drink much alcohol, then challenge yourself to avoid it for an entire month like I did. I want to know how you feel.
If you haven’t yet tried the Insulite Natural Hormone Solution, this is a great time to give it a try. You can learn more about it on our website at pcos.com. It helps to calm the body so you don’t crave alcohol for its calming effects.
We offer a 60-day money-back guarantee so you can give it a try without any risk. We’re here for you, and I’ll see you next week.
And if you’re interested in more weekly tips on PCOS check out our YouTube playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
PCOS Insulite Health on Twitter https://twitter.com/Insulite
PCOS Insulite Health on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pcosinsulite