Just because Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year, it doesn’t mean that turkeys have disappeared from the dinner table.
Plenty of the birds will be served up over the rest of the holidays. And with all that salt, stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes and butter-basted meat, it isn’t the healthiest of PCOS meals, even if it is undeniably delicious.
There are ways to lighten it up, however. Here’s how:
- Mash potatoes still taste good with fat-free sour cream and skim milk. And why not sneak in some steamed and pureed cauliflower? Skim the fat off the top of the gravy before you serve it.
- Use chicken broth and a drop of olive oil to moisten the stuffing, instead of a stick or two of butter. Make the stuffing in a pan instead of in the bird, so it won’t absorb all the turkey fat.
- Stick to white meat and no skin if you don’t want to eat too much turkey fat.
- Serve roasted vegetables as a side dish.
- Avoid butter-rich pastry as dessert.
- Skip the mayo when you make those left-over turkey sandwiches.
A balanced, nutritious diet combined with regular exercise can help reverse an underlying cause of excess weight and obesity, namely the imbalance of blood glucose and insulin called Insulin Resistance. By reversing this latter condition, you can facilitate Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome weight loss.
Happy Holidays from Insulite Laboratories!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..