Just because Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year, it doesn’t mean that turkeys have disappeared from the dinner table.
Plenty of the birds will be served up over the rest of the holidays. And with all that salt, stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes and butter-basted meat, it isn’t the healthiest of PCOS meals, even if it is undeniably delicious.
There are ways to lighten it up, however. Here’s how:
- Mash potatoes still taste good with fat-free sour cream and skim milk. And why not sneak in some steamed and pureed cauliflower? Skim the fat off the top of the gravy before you serve it.
- Use chicken broth and a drop of olive oil to moisten the stuffing, instead of a stick or two of butter. Make the stuffing in a pan instead of in the bird, so it won’t absorb all the turkey fat.
- Stick to white meat and no skin if you don’t want to eat too much turkey fat.
- Serve roasted vegetables as a side dish.
- Avoid butter-rich pastry as dessert.
- Skip the mayo when you make those left-over turkey sandwiches.
A balanced, nutritious diet combined with regular exercise can help reverse an underlying cause of excess weight and obesity, namely the imbalance of blood glucose and insulin called Insulin Resistance. By reversing this latter condition, you can facilitate Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome weight loss.
Happy Holidays from Insulite Laboratories!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.